RAAS – Strengths of an ecosystem for developing autonomous systems
Welcome to join the below online event!
Date and time: Monday 27th of April 2020, 3 pm – 5 pm (GMT+3)
Organiser: RAAS – Rethinking Autonomy and Safety
Location: Online event in Microsoft Teams
In this online session, we will:
1) present the RAAS innovation ecosystem and communicate how it is leveraged for achieving ambitious goals,
2) discuss the most important research topics related to RAAS’s four verticals (road transport, maritime, UAVs, and working machinery), and
3) have a panel discussing how to design ethical and safe autonomous transportation.
First half (chair: Laura Ruotsalainen / University of Helsinki), 15:00-16:15, 5 presentations:
- RAAS Ecosystem (Hannu Karvonen, VTT)
- Autonomous Road Transport (Laura Ruotsalainen, University of Helsinki)
- Autonomous Maritime Ecosystem (Osiris Valdez Banda, Aalto University)
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Timo Lind, VTT)
- Autonomous Mobile Working Machines (Reza Ghabcheloo, Tampere University)
Second half (chair: Nina Rilla and Mika Nieminen / VTT), 16:15-17:00
A panel about “Designing ethical and safe autonomous transportation”
R&D perspective: Sauli Eloranta (VTT)
Regulation perspective: Valtteri Laine (Traficom)
Usage perspective: Taina Kalliokoski (University of Helsinki)
The panel addresses the organizational and safety culture challenges that arise in complex, multi-professional environments where multiple domain experts need to cooperate.
Please register by 27th of April at 14:30 (GMT+3) here: https://www.lyyti.in/raas_270420